Will Karan Johar take RGV's punch lying down?

Varma has slyly got his friend to name Amitabh Bachchan's character in a new film, Vijay Dinanath Chauhan. This at a time, when Johar is remaking Agneepath

AND the Karan Johar-Ram Gopal Varma saga continues. After a bit of a lull, Varma has thrown in a big right hook.

As Johar readies to remake Agneepath with Hrithik Roshan, Varma has not only got his dear friend Puri Jagannath to cast Amitabh Bachchan in Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap, he has also gotten his friend to name Bachchan's character in the film, Vijay Dinanath Chauhan.

As one might remember Bachchan played Vijay Dinanath Chauhan in the original Agneepath. This is Telugu director Jagannath's first film in Hindi and Varma introduced him to Bachchan.

According to a source, when it came to giving a name to Bachchan's character in Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap, Varma suggested Vijay Dinanath Chauhan.

"His name in the film is no coincidence. Everyone knows Ramu loves to provoke Karan. Karan is remaking Agneepath with Hrithik, and by naming Amitabh Chauhan, Ramu wants to draw attention to the real Vijay Dinanath Chauhan."


Varma and Johar have had many showdowns in the past. Varma once claimed Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna was the scariest film he had ever seen.

Johar, later, took a potshot at Varma, after Phoonk 2 bombed, tweeting, "I have not seen Phoonk or Phoonk 2. I am sure Phoonk 3 will not be made." Varma then retorted on Twitter, "I've completed scripting Phoonk 3 and I'm planning to approach Johar to act opposite the crow."
However, when asked about his role in naming Bachchan's character, Varma feigned ignorance. "I am not guilty of this, " was his reply. Now we are waiting for Johar's retaliation.

Ramu can fight, sala

Varma once claimed Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna was the scariest film he had ever seen. Johar took a potshot at Varma, after Phoonk 2 bombed, tweeting, "I have not seen Phoonk or Phoonk 2. I am sure Phoonk 3 will not be made." Varma then retorted on Twitter, "I've completed scripting Phoonk 3 and I'm planning to approach Johar to act opposite the crow."

Later, Johar tweeted, "Early morning dreams come true? I dreamt I was watching Phoonk 2 and holding RGV's hand in fear. Is this possible?" Varma, however, was quick with his reply. "Well, I don't know about Phoonk 2, but I'm scared of the Karan Johar hand-holding part."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...